1860 – 1870: Taking Shape

In this decade Sandridge streets began to take a shape that we can recognise today by such buildings as the Court House, Police Station and old Post Office.

Behind the Court House this photo shows a low bluestone building where the first municipal council met in 1860. 

On the corner of Bay and Beach Streets, William Morley built a bluestone warehouse for storing coal, a building still recognisable today when it has been converted into a gymnasium.

Next Arrow
Previous Arrow
Comodo SSL