- How many Mayors of the City of Port Melbourne have been President of PMHPS?
One, Perce Maguire-White
- Who has won the Port Melbourne Football Club goal kicking award twelve times? The most by any player.
- Who as the last Mayor of the City of Port Melbourne?
Liana Thompson, 1993/94
- What was the name of the pier at the end of Bay Street?
- Who was the first Treasurer of PMHPS?
- What was the name of North Sandridge Railway Station changed to?
- The naval base in Beach Street, was originally called HMAS Cerberus III and is now the site of the HM@S apartment complex. What was the base called from 1940 until it was decommissioned in 1992?
- What was the previous name of Princes Pier?
New Railway Pier
- How many male Australian test cricketers did the Port Melbourne Cricket Club produce?
Three, Robert McLeod, Charles McLeod and James Kelly
- J Kitchen & Sons produced soap, including the familiar Velvet Soap brand but what was their other major product?
- Who was the first female Councillor of the City of Port Melbourne?
- What was the name of the bridge on Beach Street that allowing trains onto Station Pier unimpeded?
- Who was the City of Port Melbourne’s longest-serving Town Clerk?
Sydney Sims Anderson
- Before it became Port Melbourne, the area was known as Sandridge but what was it informally called before that?
- What was the previous name of Station Pier?
- What Port Melbourne company that originally manufactured Vegemite?
- The building has been known by many names – Senior Citizens Centre, Liardet Community Centre, Port Melbourne Neighbourhood House, for example – but what was it originally?
- When was St Joseph’s Catholic Church built?
- Which street is named after an executive of the State Bank of Victoria?
- In what year was PMHPS formed?
- How was Nott Street School used during the 1918-19 Flu Epidemic?
- When were the Leading Lights built?
- What did R Graham Carey do in Port Melbourne on Coronation Day, 1937?
As the oldest airman in the world, he flew the oldest plane in Australia
- Who was the woman who owned many houses around Farrell, Bridge, Clark, Albert and Cambridge Streets in the late 1800s?
- There are two large reserves on Dunstan Parade in Garden City. One is named for Mayor, T T Buckingham, who is the other reserve named for?
- What was the name of the family-run dairy that led to the naming of Dairy Lane, off Ingles Street?
Barry’s Ideal Dairy
- Originally established as the United States Hotel in 1854, it was known as Molly Bloom’s from 1988 to 2005 but in between these two names what was, and is now again, the name of this Port pub?
The Exchange Hotel
- Who was picked to play cricket for Victoria aged 15 and toured England with the Australian team in 1937?
- Who opened the Port Theatre on the corner of Liardet and Bay Streets?
Alexander George Rogers
- What is the theme of the 2021 Historic Port Melbourne Calendar?
Women of Port
Town Hall, 333 Bay Street, Port Melbourne