Skip to content Skip to footer
Town Hall, 333 Bay Street, Port Melbourne
Town Hall, 333 Bay Street, Port Melbourne

Six to be Eliminated

by David Thompson Port Melbourne entered 1924 with six fewer pubs than the previous year! [1] A delicensing authority was established in 1906 leading to the closure of the Belfast Hotel, the Commercial Hotel, the Custom House Hotel, the Fire Brigade Hotel, the Lord Raglan Hotel, the New Great Britain Hotel, the Star Hotel and the Yacht Club Hotel in 1909;…

Read more

PMHPS acknowledges the generous support of the City of Port Phillip.


The content of this site (images and text) must not be reproduced in any form without the prior consent of PMHPS or the copyright holder.

Acknowledgement of Traditional Custodians

We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we meet and work, the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.