Meeting – 28 February 2023 @ 7.30pm
Our February monthly meeting will feature guest speaker Sandra Nicholson who will speak on the History of the Police Force.
Sandra served in the Victoria Police for 35 years attaining the rank of Assistant Commissioner by the time she retired in July 2010. She fulfilled a long held dream in 2011 when she attended a writing course at Oxford University and since 2013 she has been studying Shakespeare at U3A.
Sandra has received a number of awards and commendations through her work with Victoria Police.
- Inducted – Victorian Honour Roll for Women
- Awarded the Australian Police Medal in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List
- National Medal
- National Police Service Medal
- Victoria Police Service Medal
- Victoria Police Commendation – for initiative, perseverance and courage displayed in the pursuit of an armed offender.
- Victoria Police Commendation – for investigation and preparation of the Coroner’s Brief in relation to the Ash Wednesday Bushfires.
- Victoria Police Commendation – for enthusiasm, intelligence, dedication to duty and skilful questioning resulting in two persistent offenders being convicted of six offences including burglary, theft and malicious damage.
We are looking forward to welcoming Sandra to our meeting and hearing about the history of the police force.
We are planning to hold this meeting in-person, upstairs at the Port Melbourne Town Hall and online, via Zoom using the following link.