Malcolm Moore Pty Ltd

Only a fragment of the presence of the massive engineering firm of Malcolm Moore Pty Ltd survives in Bertie St, Port Melbourne.

malcolm-moore-09-16-w

Remnant of the extensive Malcolm Moore factory in Bertie St – note the logo at top right

Malcolm Moore set up his firm’s manufacturing centre in Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne in 1927. Branches were later opened in every State capital and several provincial centres.

The firm specialised in the design and manufacture of mechanical-handling and construction equipment.

Malcolm Moore advertised regularly in the Port of Melbourne Quarterly, published by the Melbourne Harbor Trust Commissioners from 1948. The full page advertisements give a sense of the scale and scope of the manufacturing operations at Williamstown Road.

malcolm-moore-ad-w

Equipment manufactured by Malcolm Moore can be found in far flung parts of Victoria and the rest of Australia. Closer to home, a Malcolm Moore crane awaits restoration as part of the redevelopment of No 5 North Wharf.

Malcolm Moore crane at North Wharf

Malcolm Moore crane at North Wharf

Moore believed in the development of institutions for vocational and management education and supported them very generously. The Malcolm Moore Industry Research Award was set up through a perpetual bequest to RMIT to support industry partnered research.

He was also instrumental in setting up the organisation which later became the Australian Institute of Management (AIM). In researching for this post, it struck me that there are interesting commonalities between the logos of Malcolm Moore and the AIM.

logo-malcolm-moore-256logo-of-australian-instiute-managment-256

Malcolm Moore was also active in the Australian Inland Mission’s aerial medical service and in establishing the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia in 1942.

The PMHPS would be very glad to hear from former employees of Malcolm Moore who have memories of their working lives to relate, or photographs showing the presence of this impressive firm in Port Melbourne. The Society has only one photograph of  the  factory and that is of the factory being demolished in 1987.

Moore, Malcolm Stewart (1888–1969)

Comments

1. Hi, this is not a story per se, but more of a question. I have worked in Bertie Street Port Melbourne since 2008, in the “new” complex just up from Fennell Street. I am wondering what industry was previously at that area (I believe, or think, AMI / Toyota) before it was demolished and refurbished and the main production facility for Toyota moved elsewhere. However, I am also interested in what industry was there before that .

Regards, Peter Dietzel

Hi Peter
      Do you mean what was there before AMI/Toyota? I think it may have been the extended premises of Felton Grimwade but I’m not certain. If you learn anything more, please let us know.

2. robyn butson says

I started work as Office Junior at Malcolm Moore in Williamstown Road when I left school at 15 yrs. A great company who taught me lots, very fond memories of the four years I worked there.

• Janet Bolitho says

Great to hear from you Robyn – sounds like a very positive start to work

• I was also a office junior at 15 in 1966 I remember having the responsibilities of handling little brown pay packets and delivering them through the factory to the worker, I then went on over to Moore hydraulics many happy memories .

• Graham Wallis says

Hi Robyn , my name is Graham Wallis , I think you worked in the office the same time I worked there . Alf Amery was the office manager . I worked for John Van Hees . I worked there from approx 1968 to 1974 before moving to Qld where I still live . Look forward to hearing from other people who worked there during this time .
      Graham

• Hi Graham,
        This is amazing, I worked for John Van Hees and sat next to you, Ian Maurer, Kevin Kellett Michael Phillips.
        I know Robyn, and my surname was WOOD, Cheryl, married Winstanley, living in Vic.
        Look forward to hearing from you, and anyone else from that time, I did transfer across to Moore Hydraulics.

• Janet Bolitho says

Hi Cheryl – for those of us who know little about Malcolm Moore, it would be great to learn more about the work you did, the things that were made, and a bit more about life at work.

• Graham Wallis says

Hi Cheryl, Glad to hear from you . Didn’t my wife and I have tea at you place when I worked there ? A “mild indian curry ” ? . Ian Maurer I saw many years ago he used to drive the two Stoke Saab car , probably worth a fortune now ! . As well as those people you mentioned we worked with Jan Sorenson ( the tall thin blonde ) , the Carter brothers Terry & Ross , Geoff Locke who had the club foot . Alf Amery ( office manager ) I met his son in Qld in the ’80’s . Do you remember Les Watson ? He occasionally use to drive me home . He died 30 years ago from a aneurism. I tell the people at work that when I worked at Malcolm Moore I use to have to get a slip signed by the company secretary to get a photo copy ! Were you there when it snowed ? That was the only time I remember snow in Port Melbourne ! . I have just turned 65 and haven’t finished work as yet . I sell Toyotas for a living . Kathy and I have 3 kids and 5 grandchildren. We have been married 43 years and my going away present from Malcolm Moore was a wooden chess set which is sitting on our coffee table . Well that’s enough from me . Tell me about you what has happened over all these years .
          Regards
          Graham Wallis

• Graham Wallis says

I don’t know if I put my reply in the right section Cheryl ? But you will find it . Graham Wallis

• Hi Graham, great to hear back from you, yes I remember you guys coming over to our apartment in Westgarth, must have been a curry of course.
            Well we met Ian a few days ago after so many years, sadly it was at Michael Philips funeral, he made it to 81 yrs.
            I mentioned writing to you and asked him to do the same, he is still a fun loving guy, has grandkids.
            We have 3 grandkids, married 46 years, both retired early and have travelled a bit.
            Do you remember Kelvin Kellett, Michael Phillips, Carol, Valerie, they used to process the punch cards. It was a great place to start work and make friends. Michael introduced me to Stuart.
            Cheers
            Cheryl

• Graham Wallis says

Hi Cheryl , yep I remember those people , I use to play chess with Kelvin Kellet he is a very good player and he always beat me . I have caught up many times with Michael Wearne . When he left Malcolm Moore he joined the police force ( he is retired or about to retire ) and he lives at Narre Warren and also has a nice new beach house at Phillip Island . Sad to hear about Michael Phillips , he was a quiet person from what I remember. I suppose a lot of people have passed away that we worked with . I remember Charlie Smith and Mary Moss in the service Dept. Was it Harley the paymaster ( a big bloke ) . What was the other girl’s name in the punch room she sat to the right of John Van Hees ? Remember Owen Rees who was the credit manager who was always going to court because they caught him stealing from the bank as a bank manager . There was also John Rae the county guy from northern Victoria . Malcolm Moore was agents for Mack Trucks , Ford Tractors , Poclain machinery from Canada . This was a huge company when we worked for it . I remember I use to write up the bank deposit slips and some days there was millions of dollars ie tens of millions for conveyor belt sales to mining company’s . Having read other people’s comments on this site I just remember who John Bruce was he did the off site servicing around Victoria & Southern NSW . At least my memory hasn’t failed me as yet . LOL Good to hear from you again . I would like to hear from Ian Maurer again .
            Regards
            Graham

• Lee Powell says

Hi Cheryl, i worked in the purchasing dept and it was my first job and i believe you were bridesmaid at my wedding 🙂 .

3. Dennis Bruce says

I worked at Moore Hydraulics from approximately 1962 until 1985. I believe I was one of the last few to be made redundant before the company closed (to the best of my knowledge/memory) at that time, I was handling the purchasing and distribution of Mitsubishi Excavators and Graders until Caterpillar took over Mitsubishi Graders. I had a break for 3 years (1964 to 1967) to pursue my music with The John Gordon Trio. I went back under Ken Dobson, manager at that time. From there, I worked with Greg Barnes and Greg Pittard at Integrated Hydraulics, followed by Linak Australia, owned by Greg Pittard.

Hi Dennis,
      So interesting to learn more about Malcolm Moore since so little remains of their presence in Port. Could you expand a little on when they closed, and what the circumstances were at the time?

4. Ross Matheson says

I commenced work for Macolm Moore in Sydney as an apprentice in 1969. After the takeover by David Haines in mid 1980’s the company was then taken over by BTR towards the late 80’s and then broken apart. I was one of the lucky ones to be made redundant in 1989. It was a great company to work for and the staff were more like a big family. Ross

5. Ross Matheson says

Good afternoon
    Just a bit of info following on from Dennis Bruce, in Sydney the Mitsubishi Excavators went Caterpillars way in 1988, and the Grader stock and parts all went to the Ditch Witch dealership at Girraween. Other people would know better, but I think this split was due to the two machines being made in different Japanese factories, with the excavator being a joint venture Caterpillar operation.
    regards Ross

• Janet Bolitho says

Thanks Ross – that builds the picture. It would be great to hear from people who worked at the Port Melbourne factories.

6. Ross Matheson says

Hello all, I have two Malcolm Moore publications, one is a “Moore Golden Jubilee” publication [24 pages] and a “Moore 60 years leadership in Australian Engineering” It has some interesting photos and history of the company. If you don’t have a copies I could scan them and email to you.

regards, Ross

• Janet Bolitho says

Thank you Ross – that would be appreciated – especially if there is material relating to the company’s operations in Port Melbourne.

7. I am co-writing the memoirs of a Cypriot immigrant, Harry Theodossi, who worked at Malcolm Moore from 1951 (?) to 1982 when he retired. He was a 1st class machinist and worked on drills and the lathe. He was very happy working there, he told me.

• Janet Bolitho says

That’s so interesting Susan. If Harry has further detail about his time at Malcolm Moore, we’d be glad to hear about it.

• Richard "Dick" Williams says

Good evening Susan, I worked with “Theo” at Moores and went to his home in Brunswick a couple of times. I would like to know more about his book.

• Janet Bolitho says

Can you let us know more about the work you did at Moores to help us build a picture of this firm?

8. Geoff Robinson says

My dad (Norm Robinson) worked at Malcolm Moore in the crane shop for many many years, right up to when it closed.
    I have very fond memories of the Christmas party put on every year for us kids. It was a great chance to have a tour of the factories and see all the massive machines.

• David Thompson says

Thanks Geoff,
      The Christmas parties put on by the various companies are common memories for many Port families. Great to hear that Malcolm Moore were part of that tradition.

9. Geoff Robinson says

Further to my previous comments. I have found lots of photos in Dads albums dating from 1953. I will send them to PMHPS.

• David Thompson says

That would be brilliant Geoff. Industrial heritage isn’t often recorded so it will be great to see Malcolm Moore in the 1950s!

10. Ross Matheson says

Hello
    can you please advise a email address that I can forward a photo of Malcolm Moore products to.

Also, are you aware that Malcolm Moore were the Mack Truck distributors

regards, Ross

• David Thompson says

Hi Ross,

I certainly wasn’t aware that MM were a Mack Truck distributor, other may be. Thanks for that nice piece of info.

Please send your Malcolm Moore photos to pmhps@pmhps.org.au.

Thanks, we look forward to seeing your pictures.
      David Thompson

11. Lorraine Shackleton says

My Dad, Frank Caulfield worked @ Malcolm Moore’s for quite a few tears from the early 60’s until the late 70’s. He worked in the dispatch department with Howard Gault, Billy Flynn & a few others whos names escape me. The Christmas partys & bush picnics were the highlights of our years growing up. Touring around the factory & office was heaps of fun for us. I have some pics of our family at the xmas partys. When we left Sth Melbourne & moved to Reservoir in 1964 my Dad, who didn’t drive, would walk to the station every day, rain, hail or shine & get the train to the city & then would get the train to Graham station & walk to the factory. He always spoke highly of the company until new ownership took over in the 70’s.
    We also knew a fitter, Mr.Lehtinen, he was Finnish man who designed alot of products for Moore’s. His son Vic did his electrical maintenance apprenticeship @ Malcolm Moore’s as well in the 70’s. I have lots of mental pics of the buildings but iunfortunately no actual pics.

• Janet Bolitho says

Such interesting recollections Lorraine that give a sense of the working environment fostered by Malcolm Moore that inspired such loyalty.

12. My first job as an Admin working in the accounting area. I remember the canteen, the paymaster with his yellow envelopes and he made sure your 21st pay packet buldged with notes. The females had two seperate lunch rooms adjoining the ladies toilets with metal lockers, there was a tea lady a gentle soul, and a sick Bay Area a Nurse was on duty.
    I recall the disaster and heard the crash when a supportive column of the Westgate Bridge collapsed, we were all saddened and some of us drove over to view the damages.
    The Mail room was managed by Mrs Ferguson , the wooden wide stairs were most impressive leading up to the top floor, we used to get extra time on Fridays for shopping not sure if it was every Friday, as it was a fair walk to Bay Street.
    The Commonweath Bank used to send 2 employees over so we could continue depositing into a Christmas club Account. Mr Massey was Mgr Sales. I gained experience & made a long time friend who introduced me to my husband.

• Janet Bolitho says

Thanks Carol – this is interesting! Could you describe how the admin and accounting side of the business related to the manufacturing part of the business?

13. Hi Janet, I began work as an apprentice electrician in the crane shop in Feb 1975 and left in April 1982. My immediate boss was Jack Sparrow and the leading hand was Joe Aikas. I also remember Norm Robinson. It was a really good environment and had some fun times.
    Obviously a lot of fellow employees were Port locals who loved their local footy team and were fiercely loyal. We produced high quality machines.

Thanks

14. Ian Grieve says

Hi, My name is Ian Grieve, in 1968- 1971 I worked in the Central purchasing office under the guidance of Vic McGowan and Ralp Matthews, in those days there were several divisions, Moore Hydraulics, Moore Conveyors, Moore Cranes, Moore Road Machinery. Moore Tooling. In those days employed a lot of people. I left MM to further my work experience. But returned several years later as Purchsing Manager.in this me David Haines had purchased the business, overall the Time iworked at MM I experienced many changes, and was there almost to the end. It was a memorable experience. (Some other names I remember. Bob Tilley, Mary Atkinson, David Morris. Ron Crammond.

15. Julie McLean says

Names I remember : Mr. Spreadborough, Bob Tilley, John Coliver, Bill Knowles, Howard Gault, Bruce Lewis, Frank Dillizzo, Mr. Perrin, Gavin Duffy, Bob McLaren,
    Jim Holmes, Mrs. McGowan, Don King, Harley Bickerton (pay office), Frank Baker (pay office) Stuart Tillotson, Mr. Bill Dick. Hope these names trigger lots of memories.

• Janet Bolitho says

Hi Julie, an array of names of former colleagues. It would be great to learn more from you about the work you did at Malcolm Moore’s and the range of occupations filled by these people. It all adds to the picture.

• Hi Julie , do you remember Graham Lee , I think Bruce Lewis and Dad went into business together
      Geoff Lee

16. Barry Jones says

My name is Barry Jones, I joined Moore Road Machinery (Tas) P/L in 1960 from City Motors (1933) P/L Ford car/truck and tractor Dealer in Hobart also agents for M.R.M. Products.
    At that time Mr. Paul Hope was State manager with Greg Sproul and myself as Sales Reps.
    Lionel (Charlie) Churchill Spare parts Manager and three or four mechanics in the Service Dept.
    In those days we had a Material Handling Machines such as MM Road Grader. Scoopmobile 4WD Front- end loaders with center- pin steering and oscillation of front axle to rear axle for stability and ultimately safety. These large machines came in Models LD3/LD5 and LD7 manufactured under license to the U.S. manufacturer. In addition we had 2WD MM Front- end loaders, Track Marshall tracked Tractors.UK
    On the Agricultural scene we had the State Franchise for Ford tractor range and the German Claas combine grain harvesters in South Tasmania only.
    Sorry about this; being on the sales management side of the business I have lost sight of personnel aspect.
    I knew John Massey the Sales Manager Victoria; Sid Hill in Spare parts, Bill Dick Company Secretary, Russel…? General manager my memory at 82 yrs fails me.
    Some years later around 1980 I met up with the Manufacturing Manager (unable to recall his name) at a Lions Convention whom related the story of the financial Group that took over the whole Malcolm Moore group and sold off all the individual Companies…..a sad time. I had nearly ten years with MRM (Tas) it was a great time for me.
    I ultimately joined Repco Bearing Company based in Tas. where I spent 23 years ending up as Marketing Manager after almost 10 years travelling many parts of the world as Export Manager,,,,retired in 1992. So there you have it ? My time with Malcolm Moores. I hope this is of interest another aspect to the MM story

• Hi Barry , I am not sure but did you work with my dad , Graham Lee . Dad has fond memories of working at Moore’s . Not sure if you knew Dad passed away in 2015 he was just shy of 92 . There was Bruce Lewis and Ron Lipold that worked for Dad when he started Oilways . My brother John has just retired now , all getting older Anyway hopes this jogs a memory or 2
      Geoff Lee

• Joy Thompson says

Hi Barry Jones and Geoff Lee. You both should remember my Dad Kel Sutherland who ran the Launceston branch of Moore Road Machinery. I remember Paul Hope, our family would sometimes holiday at his holiday house at Spring Beach, near Orford. Dad originally started at MM in Victoria before being transferred permanently to Launceston.
      Joy Thompson (nee Sutherland)

• Joy Thompson says

Barry Jones and Geoff Lee ….. you may not have heard, but Greg Sproule passed away recently … I think about a month ago. I have met his nephew here in Victoria ….. its a small world.

17. David Roze says

My Dad John Roze worked there in Port Melbourne for many years. He is still with us @ 92 years of age. Did any of you work with him?

• I knew a bloke name of West who started his apprenticeship there in 1943 and worked till 1951. I would love to chat with him about photos of a gang who might be apprentices.

18. David Roze says

19. Andrew Roze says

id anyone here of Malcolm Moore ripping off their workers who had been there many years their Superannuation payments. My father (John Roze) worked there for over 20 years and when Malcolm Moore’s ceased operations, I heard a lot of their faithful employees lost their Superannuation. My dad walked out with only $5,000 where he should of by memory should of been $150k from his time served and Super. I believe to that the owner of Malcolm Moores at the time was the Co-owner of the racehorse Kingston Town, and if memory serves me correctly it was David Haynes. Totally wrong what happened in the end.

That is regrettable.
      It would be interesting to learn more about what work your father did at Malcolm Moore.

20. Richard Bullock says

Some memories of Moore Road Machinery in Western Australia.
    I was employed in Perth,from 1972 to 1980,as a construction equipment representative. During this time,our main offering was the range of Ford industrial equipment, namely two wheel drive loaders,and tractor loader backhoe,we also sold County tractors,and Ford agricultural tractors,into local government.
    Other products, were Scoopmobile,Warner and Swasey Gradalls,Wayne street sweepers, the Moore multi tyred roller.
    Later,Ford briefly entered the construction equipment market,with the French Richier excavator, the A62,A64,and the A66 4wd loaders,and a skid steer loader.
    Previously we sold the French manufactured Poclain excavator range,the first high pressure excavators sold in Australia. Then at the end of the 70s,Mitsubishi small wheel loaders,excavators, and graders,until they became absorbed into Caterpillar.
    In the West Moore’s,also sold huge numbers of Mack trucks,at that time and previously it was regarded as the only truck to survive the harsh climate of North Western Australia.,
    Very many pleasant memories of working for a great company,sad to see it’s demise.
    RICHARD BULLOCK

21. Hugh A Scott-Mackenzie says

My father, Ewen Scott-Mackenzie, worked for Malcolm Moore Hydraulics for many years in the 1950s and 1960s. I recall visiting his office on one or two occasions. And I remember well the Christmas parties. Otherwise, I regret I know little about the company. Dad did attempt to install a hydraulic device to open and close our front gates in Hawthorn. It didn’t work!

• Joy Thompson says

Re Hugh Scott-Mackenzie entry ….. I remember my dad installed a hydraulic clothes line in our back yard in Launceston, Tas. Turn the tap on for line to go up ….. not sure what happened then …. did one turn it off for it to stay-up/go down … or what.

22. My father worked at Malcolm Moore hydraulics from 1970 to around 1980. My Dad was Graham Lee , sadly he passsed away in 2015 at nearly 92. My brother John worked there for a while as well , Dad really enjoyed his time there and when he started his own business -( Oilways ) – a few engineers went with Dad, he was at hydraulics services in Sydney before Moore’s. It’s sad to see that the buildings gone as that was the reason we moved to Melbourne . I think Bruce Lewis and Ron Lipold were 2 engineers that worked for Dad. I think my Dad was s a pretty good engineer from what I have heard . Anyway hope this jogs someone memory

Geoff Lee

23. Lindsay Smith says

Greetings
    Ross
    A few names that might awaken old memories Jack Knight, Jim Gosbee, Murray Lunnis, Reg Carrick , Leo Bogaard

Regards Lindsay Smith

24. Bill Davidson says

Bill Davidson here. I was fortunate in joining Malcolm Moor Hydraulics in October 1978 as a sales representative in the hydraulics division. Dennis Simmons was the Sales Director, (filling in as Branch Manager) a position to be later taken over by Les Collins. Peter Bridgeland was the Hydraulics Sales Manager. Robert Holmes, Wayne Barnett, Fred Van Essen, Gavan Duffy, Bill Knowles, Barry Perryman were all part of the Hydraulics Sales Team. Angelo Flego, Paul Husquin and David Dukes were part of the Service Department Team at that time.
    I met and worked with some great people in Bertie Street, which was the Victoria Branch office, on the ground floor. National was upstairs, Les Barnett, Dennis Bruce, Bill Healy, (MD) and Teresa Amore operated there. Kevin Goss occupied an office near the main entrance on the ground floor. He was Chairman of Directors at Malcolm Moore and also worked with David Haines at Portland House Group, who had acquired MM in the early /mid seventies.
    Dennis Strahan became Branch Manager, around 1981 and the branch relocated to the Kelvinator building, next to the main MM factory in Williamstown Road. Ilma Basila, Ellen Otterspaw and Debbie Venturato were in administration and Bill Vesti joined the Hydraulics Team along with Vince Delgrosso and Nick Linderboom around that time.
    I worked in Marketing for a while, David Anderson, Ian Rowe and Mike Strachan were among others there, I enjoyed liaising with Eric Brotherton and Jack Lesberg, in Manufacturing.
    Heber Perrin was Engineering Director, he and John Hart Davies were an amazing lead in the Hydraulics Division at MM. At Heber’s retirement, in 1982, he noted that manufacture was changing and that the investment required in order to maintain the factory modern was inordinate, considering the Australian market. MM was moving toward importing more and more product, to replace that manufactured in Port Melbourne. Interesting to note that a replacement for Heber’s Series 55 DCV was never found.
    By the mid eighties numbers employed had dropped from 1600 at the peak to just 150 Australia wide. I was sad to part company with MM in June 1985. A year later and BTR had picked up the pieces; they sold on to a New Zealand based company in early 1988. Tim Jenke, from the Adelaide Branch of MM went to Melbourne and was involved in selling off the remainder of Hydraulics stocks and equipment to the industry.
    I was indeed fortunate to have been involved with such a company as part of my career.

25. Trudy Maher says

I started working in 1980 as a junior clerk in the inventory Card dept and helped with the transition of all those cards onto computer a few years later. When the main Williamstown rd office closed, I moved over to the Bettie st office and then not long after that MM was sold and I moved out to Clayton with BTR – didn’t stay long after that. I was with MM/BTR for about 7 years all up
    I remember Les collins Martin Massey Teresa Amor Kim Nicholson Sharon Attard Brian Chrimes Brian from the warehouse but not too many others
    Was Trudy Kelly back then (Maher now) and still love in Port

26. Darlene Bonnett says

I started working here as my first full time job after leaving school at 15. Long time ago now but I remember quite a few names that people have listed above. My fondest memory is of Joan on the switch board she was such a lovely lady and worked there for many years. I also remember Stephen Peach, Frank Scarimgi and Paul Whelan from the spare parts. I rennember getting taught the telex machine and switch board and the banking machines none of which are around today. Trudy Kelly was and still is my closest friend who stayed on long after I left. Some fond memories and a good start to working life close to home.

27. Ross Matheson says

Hello Lindsay
    The good times we remember. The last I knew of Jack Knight he had retired to Gerroa after I would expect some very successful business ventures. Reg Carrick still lives in the same house at Blacktown, I see him once or twice a year, the sad one you would remember is Ray Hargreaves, the last time I saw him a couple of years ago age was certainly not being kind to him, he was living at Berkshire park.
    regards, Ross

28. Ross Matheson says

Ah,, Les Collins, even though working in Sydney I had a lot to do with Les, a genuine gentleman. He once told me he was a goal umpire for Aussie Rlues. Anyone else aware of this. Regards Ross

29. Ian Maurer says

I was told about this page by a couple of friends who I worked with many years ago at Malcolm Moore. The past year has been quite difficult as I delivered the eulogies for Michael Phillips and more recently Kelvin Kellet. Both had remained friends of mine and I miss them both greatly. I thought that there may be former employees who knew these gentlemen and as such would want to be informed.

• Janet Bolitho says

So sorry you have lost your former friends and colleagues from Malcolm Moore days. Glad if this website helps people to stay in touch.

30. Ross Matheson says

Hello, does the Port Melbourne Historical Society have a museum of any kind. I have a quantity of Malcolm Moore / Moore Road Machinery brochures. Including Scoopmobile loaders, Multi Tyred Rollers, Graders, County Tractors, Track Marshalls, Push Tractors, Timberjacks and a few of the “Moore” stickers. I would happily send these to the “pmhs” if they were going to be displayed in a museum or public place for other people to enjoy seeing the past history of Australian industry.

31. Stephen voyer says

Hi my name is Stephen voyer l work at Malcolm Moore’s from 1975 – 1984 it was a great place to work

• Janet Bolitho says

Glad to hear that Stephen. It would be great to find out more about the work you did at Malcolm Moore.

Share Your Story